This BMW 5-series was salvaged from a used car dealer for $400. After being completely stripped for weight reduction, we swapped out the engine, transmission, and rear axle for a fully custom car! View our build diary for the full run down of customization and engineering that went into this car.
- GM LS 5.3 Liter V8 engine
- Caterpillar 103mm Stationary Generator Turbo
- BMW E36 front subframe and steering rack
- Aftermarket front coilovers with custom billet aluminum lower control arms
- Ford 8.8 rear differential and solid axle with custom 3-link+panhard rear suspension setup
- C4 Corvette wheels
View the build diaries for our 1986 BMW 528e below!